Like many internet users, I shop for a lot of things online. People are becoming more aware of sites like Flipkart, Snapdeal , Yebhi, Myntra and using it for online shopping. While it’s great to see people shopping online and seeing many sites coming up it raises few concerns in my mind
- More choices – > Better Prices – > Greater Confusion
Earlier whenever I wanted to purchase anything ( be it some home appliance , gadget , mobile phone ) I used to simply visit CompareIndia.com and find Best Price of the product. Best Price given by the site was almost -always close to my buying price. For computer stuff, I used to see price of the product on Ebay.in and go to Lamington Road and find the product at 100-500 Rs cheaper than that mentioned on Ebay.in
In such cases, CompareIndia.com , Ebay.in proved to be a sort of Ready Reckoner Price List
- Snapdeal offers products in jewelry, perfumes, computers, cosmetics etc along with various daily deals
- Sites like TimesDeal, RediffDeals, SoSasta, Mydala, Koovs, Dealivore, Taggle have sprung up with similar concept
- Flipkart offers products in various categories like Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Home appliances besides Books
- Infibeam also offers products similar to Flipkart
With so many sites offering products online – finding the correct and best price for the said product proves to be tedious and confusing. At the same times, so many deals sites – from a user’s perspective is not good. I don’t want to visit 15 sites to find various deals available on each site.
Shopping experience has improved definitely with modern e-commerce sites with new flypage checkout process , but the pre-research task of shopping online has become diffcult.
Long term I wish for
- A deal smashup site offering prominent display of various deals offered by sites like Snapdeal, TimesDeal etc is bound to be a big hit. I see myself personally using it more.
- Price Match guarantee – sooner or later should be offered by sites like Flipkart and other big e-commerce sites.
Are you listening Flipkart ?